[jbutton color=”pink” icon=”info” link=”http://www.acupointtherapies.com/contact-acupoint-therapies”]Contact[/jbutton] [jbutton color=”pink” icon=”info” link=”http://www.acupointtherapies.com/payment-2″]Payment[/jbutton] [jbutton color=”pink” icon=”info” link=”http://www.acupointtherapies.com/forms”]Forms[/jbutton]
Her experience with both horses and riders helps her understand and develop a holistic approach to their needs.
Rebecca Douglass has always loved horses. So when it came time for formal education and her career, it is no surprise she chose work in the equine field.
- received her bachelors at the University of Maryland in 1996. She majored in Animal Science/ Pre Vet and graduated with honors.
- went on to study animal behavior in graduate school in 1998.
- completed equine dental school and after rigorous testing received her certification through the IAED. While practicing equine dentistry, she decided to return to school to study Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine for a holistic, natural and preventative approach to all illness.
- completed studies at the Maryland Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2003 and opened her acupuncture practice. In 2004, she completed her studies in Animal Acupuncture at the Traditional Acupuncture Institute (now called Maryland University of Integrative Health) where she now teaches the equine portion of the program.
- board certified through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Diplomate of Acupuncture (NCCAOM)® or Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM)®, licensed in Acupuncture and certified by the state of Maryland in Animal Acupuncture.
- Instructor at Maryland University of Integrative Health (Equine Acupuncture Program)
- continuing education includes Aroma Acupoint Therapy, Classical Chinese Medicine, Herbal Medicine, Meridian Therapy, Acupressure and Asian Bodywork, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Postural Exercises, Craniosacral Therapy and Somato-Emotional Release. Her CST and SER education was acquired through the Upledger Institute.
Rebecca Douglass has been practicing acupuncture for 14 years, dentistry for 19 years and riding and training horses for 35 years. She continues to immerse herself in all aspects of animal care.
Rebecca is founder of ACUPOINT THERAPIES LLC, a mixed practice of both human and animal patients. She believes in approaching wellness with a holistic view. This includes nutrition, exercise & body awareness, acupuncture, acupressure, massage and other forms of bodywork, essential oils and craniosacral therapy. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact her.
Patients are seen at the Granite, MD location. Horses are seen on a farm call basis only.