Equine Acupuncture in Maryland
EQUINE ACUPUNCTURE IN MARYLAND
Do you want to treat the whole horse and get to the root of disease instead of just masking symptoms with medication? Do you want your horse holistically balanced? Mentally, emotionally and physically? Do you want help treating long standing illness and lameness? Do you want your horse to feel better? THEN ACUPOINT THERAPIES IS RIGHT FOR YOU & YOUR HORSE!
Animals respond so profoundly to Chinese Medicine that it’s amazing. The number one problem I am called in to evaluate is back pain but animal acupuncture encompasses so much more. Acupuncture can help with everything from lameness, organ dysfunction to behavior problems and failure to thrive. In addition, diagnostic points along the body can help determine the energy restrictions that can cause lameness and pain.
I have seen incredible results with Needle-less therapies including Acupressure, Craniosacral Therapy, Neuromuscular Techniques and Myofascial release, and the animals absolutely love it! Other therapies included in animal treatments are Moxa, Laser therapy, Estim, Stretching and Strengthening exercises and Kinesio taping.
Equine Stretching and Strengthening Exercises
Rebecca demonstrates and teaches horse owners ground exercises that they can do with their horses daily to facilitate healing and support the acupuncture treatments. Although all the exercises are helpful, individual exercise suggestions are tailored to the horses current needs.
Common Conditions Treated with Equine Acupuncture
- Musculoskeletal disorders and pain
- Injury and lameness including back pain, hind and front leg lameness (stifle, hock, ankles, knees, suspensory, ligament, tendon problems), pelvic, cervical and lumbar pain and much more!
- Respiratory disorders, allergies, COPD
- Muscular atrophy, tying up
- Neurological symptoms, EPM, spinal problems
- Dermatitis, itchy skin, sarcoids
- Navicular, laminitis
- Behavioral problems, nervousness, anxiety etc.
- Mystery problems and pain from unknown causes
- Gastrointestinal upset and ulcers
- Hormone imbalance and Infertility
- General failure to thrive
- Supportive therapy for other chronic and debilitating disorders such as Lyme disease
- And many more.
If you have questions about your animal, please call for a free consultation.